Do I have what I need to take care of my group if an emergency occurs? This list is meant as a guide. In groups, every individual does not need to have all ten essentials (for example, only a few need to carry navigation essentials) but it needs to be planned out.
- Navigation: map, compass, GPS system
- Sun protection – sunglasses, sunscreen, and a sun hat
- Insulation – jacket, hat, gloves, rain shell, and thermal underwear
- Illumination – flashlight, lanterns, and headlamp
- First Aid Supplies
- Fire – matches, lighter, and fire starter
- Repair kit and tools – duct tape, multi-tool
- Nutrition – food makes all the difference
- Hydration – water and water treatment supplies
- Shelter – tent (emergency shelter: space blanket, tarp, bivy)
Please check back soon. The images for this workshop are still being processed.